MOLIT announces 12 Projects for K-City Network Global Cooperation Program
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) of Korea released the results of this year’s project selection for the ‘K-City Network Global Cooperation Program,’ a smart city development program the ministry launched to nurture G2G collaboration and share Korea’s experience on smart city development.
In total, 12 project proposals from 11 countries were selected, which consist of 6 smart city development projects and 6 smart solution development projects, through an open competition process and will receive the support including project plan development (e.g. basic plan, master plan, feasibility study, etc.) and training in Korea for the officials in charge of the projects.
‘Korea Overseas Infrastructure and Urban Development Corporation (KIND; www.kindkorea.or.kr)’, the Secretariat in charge of the Program, will contact soon to specify the scope of work and timeline for the project. Implementation of the Program will be initiated by June.
1. Outlines of 6 Smart City Development Projects
1. (Indonesia) Smart City Project for Indonesian New Capital City (Basic Plan Development)
The project will develop three basic plans on smart transportation, waste management and water resources management for the province of Eastern Kalimantan, the site of the new capital city.
2. (Malaysia) Kota Kinabalu Smart City Project (Master Plan Development)
The project will further develop the basic plan results from the initial G2G project and establish a master plan to solve such urban problems as squatter settlements and traffic congestion.
3. (Myanmar) Development Project of priority development zone in Dala New Town (Feasibility Study Development)
The project will develop a feasibility study on smart city development and smart solution introduction (e.g. traffic management solution, disaster management solution, etc.) in the priority development zone inside the new town site.
4. (Peru) Smart City Development Project for Astete Airport Area (Master Plan Development)
The project will develop a master plan on smart city development in the Astete airport area to address high population density and traffic congestion, the urban issues caused in part due to its proximity to Machu Picchu, popular tourism site.
5. (Russia) Smart city concept on the example of Bolshoy Kamen urban district in Primorsky Territory (Concept Plan Development)
The project will develop a smart city strategy for Bolshoy Kaman as part of the broader development plan in the Far East such as Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex project.
6. (Vietnam) Technical Assistance for development Smart City Development in the Mekong Delta Region Pilot Program (Pre-feasibility Study Development)
The project will develop a pre-feasibility study to present a climate-resilient urban model for the pilot smart city project in the Mekong Delta region.
2. Outlines of 6 Smart Solution Development Projects
1. (Colombia) Establishment of the National Intelligent System for Infrastructure, Transit and Transport (Master Plan Development)
The project will develop a master plan for the National Intelligent System for Infrastructure, Transit and Transport (an inter-city network of traffic information centers) Establishment Project in Bogota.
2. (Laos) Vientiane Urban Drainage System Improvemnet Project (Master Plan Development)
The project will develop a basic plan for urban drainage system improvement in Vientiane, the capital city of Laos to help address water-related issues in the city such as frequent flooding and pollution.
3. (Mongolia) Ulaanbaatar City Urban mobility smart platform (Basic Plan Development)
The project will develop a basic plan for the urban mobility platform development in Ulaanbaatar and expand Korea’s ITS collaboration with the city, which already introduced Korea’s public transportation card system and bus information system.
4. (Thailand) Khon Kaen Smart City Mobility Master Planning (Master Plan Development)
The project will develop a master plan for the smart city mobility system development project in Khon Kaen.
5. (Turkey) Gaziantep Smart City Data Coordination Centre(Master Plan Development)
The project develop a master plan for the smart city data coordination center establishment project in Gaziantep to improve traffic flow, safety and security in the city by enabling integrated management of urban data.
6. (Turkey) Disaster Prevention Management DSS Smart City Project in Ankara (Basic Plan Development)
The project will develop a basic plan on the disaster prevention management system development in Ankara to enhance the city’s disaster preparedness and response.